This is a great introduction to green smoothies if you are new to their taste. The ginger and lemon does a fantastic job disguising any bitterness from the greens, while the apple gives a nice sweet flavor. This smoothie is fiber in antioxidants and stomach soothing ingredients like ginger and lemon, making it great as an afternoon snack after lunch or prior to dinner.
Prep time: 5
Yields: 1 smoothie
- 1-2 cups of raw spinach, washed
- 1 apple
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root, above ½ inch long with the skin removed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cold water
- (optional) a bit of coconut sugar
- (optional) fresh herbs like parsley or more vegetables like celery
- Blend everything together and enjoy!